CROSSWAY VETERINARY HOUSECALLS
Treating your pets like family… at home veterinary care.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday 9 am – 5 pm, our phone hours are from 9 am-4 pm and we are closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
Crossway Veterinary Housecalls, PLLC was started with the understanding that it’s not always easy to take your sick, nervous, or injured pets to the veterinary clinic. In fact, it can be exhausting for pet owners and scary for a pet. This is especially true if they are already dealing with a sickness or injury. While our veterinarian, Dr. Rene Rubio, was working in the emergency room, he realized that there was a huge need for a mobile veterinary service. He decided to take what he learned during his education at ITSON in Sonora, Mexico and at Oklahoma State University and bring it into the homes of as many pet owners that he could. As a licensed veterinarian in the State of Texas, Dr. Rubio delivers a full range of veterinary services to your home in a 26-foot custom-mobile clinic.
Our mission is to earn your lifelong business by providing the highest quality standard of compassionate, professional veterinary care and customer service.
- Does the idea of a trip to the vet’s office with children and several pets on leashes or in carriers make you feel tired before you even step out the door?
- Do your furry family members ‘stress out’ at the vet’s office?
- Are you busy and don’t have the time or desire to take an hour or two out of your schedule to take Fido to get his shots?
- You can’t or don’t want to drive but still want to provide the best care for your best friend?
- Do you have a senior pet who struggles to walk or an ailing senior pet you want and need guidance for as his condition seems to decline?
Crossway Veterinary Housecalls brings you compassionate, professional veterinary care to your home.
IN ADDITION TO OUR MOBILE SERVICES, WE OFFER:
PREVENTATIVE AND HEALTH CARE PROGRAMS
We have a variety of products that your animal can be given to prevent and get rid of ticks, heartworm, and fleas. We can also discuss with you how to best prevent these from coming back.
From nose to tail, we want your pet to enjoy the benefits of good health. Annual veterinary exams for adult pets and routine visits for puppies, kitties, young pets, and senior pets can do just this. Your pet may not be able to speak, but wellness checks can speak for them and support the best quality of life for your companion animal.
If your animals stray or are worried that they will wander off you can have a microchip implanted in your pet’s skin. No matter where your animal is, it can be found and sent back home.
ILLNESS DIAGNOSTICS & TREATMENT
Alongside the annual checkups, we are qualified to provide accurate and detailed diagnostics of various conditions your pet requires contant monitoring over.
How do you know when it’s time?
Such a difficult question and there is no one, pat answer. All pets have good and bad days. We offer guidelines to assist in determining your best friend’s quality of life.
RATTLESNAKE BITE VACCINE
We now offer rattlesnake vaccines to help reduce pain and swelling from rattlesnake bites.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
Crossway Veterinary Housecalls, PLLC provides compassionate, professional veterinary medicine for dogs and cats in the comfort of your home or in our 26′ Custom Mobile Veterinary clinic by appointment only. Please contact us at 832.948.8007 to make an appointment.
Because we may be out in the field when you call, you may be connected to our voice mail. Please leave a message including your name, phone number, a brief description of your pet and the reason for your call. Also If you are a new client, please leave your city name and zip code. As soon as we are available we will call you back.
When you have an appointment, “Doc” Rubio, as he is affectionately known by his clients, will come in our 26′ Custom Mobile Veterinary Hospital with our Veterinary Technician. Dr. Rene Rubio will check the health of your pet from head to tail, taking the time to answer all of your questions as he goes. You will be very happy you called Crossway Veterinary Housecalls PLLC for to care for your furbabies.
If you are a new client, please have your pet’s medical history that gives the dates of your pet’s most recent vaccines and physical exam. Please don’t hesitate to let us know any concerns that you have and any past medical history that you feel would be important.
Important things to note:
- We do not have a physical location for you to visit. We are strictly mobile and bring our 26′ mobile vet hospital to you!
- We do NOT see aggressive dogs or aggressive and/or feral cats that you, as the owner, cannot control. The personal safety of our clients and staff are issues we take seriously.
- Please note we provide veterinary services to dogs and cats. We do not see horses, goats, sheep or exotics, sorry!
- Estimates are available upon request.
- Receipts are itemized with no hidden or unexplained costs.
- Payment in full when services are rendered.
- We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and bank debit cards.
- No refunds or exchanges on pharmaceuticals, heartworm preventative or flea control.
- Please allow one week for prescription refills.
Magnolia, The Woodlands, North Spring, Montgomery, Southwest Conroe, Tomball.
Dr Rubio and his assistant were amazing. The last few trips to the vets office has been filled with anxiety as a pet owner and also for our elderly English Bulldog. Dr Rubio and his assistant made this experience completely opposite of what has happened in the past. Our dog did not even realize he was being seen by a doctor due to the expert care that was given to him. He had fun exploring the vet van and it was a completely stressless experience and you can not put a price on that.
Thank you again to Crossway Veterinary for making what has been a dreaded visit to the vet's office in the past a completely new and stress-free experience for both me and our dog.
Anonymous, 5* Google Review
It was so wonderful to have Dr Rubio out to the house to take care of my babies! Usually, Hannah is nervous at the vet but she was much more comfortable around him and Vanessa. Even my senior dog Tanner was happier with the Crossway team when it came to nail trims. I am so glad to have them as our vet!e
Eizabethe Spring, 5* Google Review
We can never begin to express our gratitude to Dr. Rubio and Faith, for helping our Rascal complete his journey. They arrived at our home with love and compassion for our Rascal, and us as well. One of our most difficult days ever; but we are so thankful for the wonderful care we ALL were given. God Bless you always!
Ruth Lynn McGhan-Zimmerman, 5* Facebook Review